Tuesday, November 26, 2019

traveling


I do not understand the people who complain about Walmart being such a long drive for them. It is on the other side of the town they live in. They are home bodies who do not care for stepping outside of the house they live in. They would rather stay in the confining walls instead of traveling any distance. They see the same thing day after day. Somehow for reasons I cannot comprehend, that does not bother them.

On the other hand, I ache to leave my house. I cannot stay cooped in for too long. At times drapetomania fills me. Please understand, I have wanted to leave ever since I figured out roads were made to take me anywhere I want to go. I love any minute spent in a vehicle getting to somewhere other than what is familiar. When I get to cruising down the road, it is hard for me to stop. If traveling were free it would be rare for anyone to see me again. I suppose one could say that I am homesick for the unknown.

I have a strong desire to see new sights. My ears are eager to hear new sounds and foreign languages. I crave food I have never tasted before. My feet want to run and explore on new ground. I want to see the moon shine on the other side of the world and be changed by it.

Life was never meant to be lived in one place. If it was then we would have roots instead of legs. Life is short and this world is wide. We should travel as far as we can for as long as we can.

-Ashley Trask
-September 24, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment