Tuesday, November 26, 2019

salmon bones

When I was little my Dad told me something that he had made up. However, I believed it to be true for the next couple of years. He said that if I ate enough salmon bones, the little round ones that make up the spine I believe, that I could fly. So thus began the days of begging Mom to make something with salmon for dinner. When she did I would ask everyone to pick out the salmon bones and to pretty please give them to me. I basically gorged myself on salmon bones from salmon meals whenever possible. For the next couple years I lived with the hope that if I just ate enough that someday, yes someday I would fly like a bird!
Finally my Mom dashed my hopes. I was sad to discover the truth. Although every once in awhile to this day it actually happens in my dreams. I will have finally ate enough salmon bones and I begin to come off of the ground and fly a little.

I learned to not believe everything Dad said after that. Or well ... after the whole "Styrofoam cups come from the moon thing" anyway, although I only believed that for about a week.

-Ashley Trask
-September 20, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment